9/17/2008

SubmitterBot:: Semi-automatic Directory Submission Tool

Currently a free service, SubmitterBot will aid in submitting your website to over 450 directories. They also have submission tools for 98+ Social Bookmarking sites and  75+ Article Submission sites.

I have not tried this service yet, so I cannot attest to how effective it is. I did notice that some of the directories that I use are on their list.

If anything, the lists that they supply (with links) is a pretty valuable resource.

Directories
Social Bookmarks
Article Directories

Has anybody used this service yet? I would be interested in knowing what your results were, ease of use, etc. Comment below or join in the discussion at The BoG Forums in the SubmitterBot topic.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always been wary of using automated tools for fear of getting penalised form search engines. However semi automatated tools are different as the actual submission is still manual. IT mainly helps with remembering the uri and login credentials more than the actual submission process. I havent used this tool on particular but have tries other similar semi automated tools. They still tend to save aout half the time and much less risky than fully automated approaches.

Anonymous said...

What language is it coded in?

Anonymous said...

@PT - I have no clue what language they coded it in.

Anonymous said...

hi sir am a beginnger webmaster and i have one site launched

now(just 2 week old).please tell me can i add my sites to

directories which most of my seniors advice me like

www.livearticles.info , pices07.com , www.dmoz.org,
www.livearticles.info ,jayde.com?
because it takes some time to get my site accepted and listed is it

worth submitting?please tell me.

Anonymous said...

@balaji: It doesn't hurt to submit to some of those directories. I would definitely submit to DMOZ.

Jayde is a B2B directory from the iEntry network of websites. While it may not give you worthwhile 'juiced' link ... it does give you exposure to thousands of other businesses that may be related to you.

The others in your list I prefer not to comment on.

Anonymous said...

I don't trust any auto submission tools. You will want to carefully hand pick the directories you submit to so that you can ensure they are in your niche, and that they are not shady. Being linked to from bad neighborhoods can hurt your SEO more than help it. Plus, the engines are smart enough to identify natural link building and automated link building. If one week your site has 40 backlinks, and the next week it had 500, then that is obvious manipulation.